Revolution Flea Control For Dogs
Revolution (selamectin) is the safe, simple way to protect your dog from heartworms, fleas and other harmful parasites, that requires an easy once a month application to keep your pet comfortable and safe from the attacks from a variety of parasites.
Revolution enters the bloodstream through the skin via a topical application. Concentrations of Revolution in the blood and tissues prevent heartworm disease. Revolution selectively redistributes from the blood to the skin, where it provides protection against fleas, flea eggs, American dog tick, and mites.
Revolution (selamectin) is very safe for most dogs. In studies, less than 1% of dogs experienced digestive upset. Revolution is not suitable for use in sick, weak or underweight animals.
Revolution Flea Control
Revolution (selamectin) Topical Solution is:
- A topical once-a-month parasiticide for dogs.
- Providing systemic treatment against a broad spectrum of external and internal parasites.
- Approved for use in dogs 6 weeks of age or older against the following parasites: adult fleas, flea eggs, heartworm, ear mites, sarcoptic mites, and American dog tick.
- Able to kill adult fleas, prevent flea eggs from hatching for one month, and prevent/control of flea infestations (Ctenocephalides felis).
- A preventative heartworm disease caused by Dirofilaria immitis.
- Suitable for treatment and control of ear mite (Otodectes cynotis) infestations.
- Capable of treating and controlling of sarcoptic mange (Sarcoptes scabiei).
- Able to control American dog tick (Dermacentor variabilis) infestations.
- A prescription-only medicine, not a pesticide.
- A broad-spectrum protection against most internal and external parasites.
- Approved to kill adult flea and their eggs.
- Fast, simple and easy to use.
- Suitable for application in one spot because of the low-volume dosage size.
- A non-greasy, quick-drying preparation.
- Unaffected by bathing pet as soon as 2 hours after application.
- Available in 6 convenient dosage sizes in no-drip disposable tubes.
- Available in 6 separate dose strengths for dogs of different weights (see Dosage and Administration).
- Available in cartons containing 3 single-dose tubes for puppies.
- Available in cartons containing 3 or 6 single-dose tubes.
- Available in cartons containing 6 or 12 single-dose tubes for dogs weighing over 85 pounds.
- Prior to administration, dogs should be tested for heartworm infestation. Infected dogs should be treated to remove adult heartworms as per veterinary instructions.
- Revolution is not effective for microfilariae clearance.
- In humans, may be irritating to skin and eyes.
- In studies, some dogs experienced digestive upset (less than 1%).
- Not for use in sick, debilitated or underweight animals.
- Revolution is flammable. Keep away from heat, sparks or open flame.
- Keep out of reach of children.
The fleas you see on your dog are a very small part of the entire flea population in your home and environment. Fleas lay eggs. Those eggs fall off your dog into the spaces that your dog lives, sleeps or moves around in. The eggs hatch and become flea larvae that become pupae. These pupae will develop into pre-emerged adult fleas until stimulated to emerge by the presence of a host. Only 5% of the flea population exists as adult fleas; the remainder is immature flea stages that are too small for you to see. Flea eggs make up 50%, while flea larvae make up 35% and pupae 10%.
Revolution kills adult fleas and prevents flea eggs from hatching, so once you apply Revolution any adult fleas will be killed and flea reproduction will stop. But remember that the fleas you see on your dog are only 5% of the problem. To resolve a flea infestation using Revolution alone, all of the immature stages in your pet's environment must become adult fleas that are killed by contact with your dog. This can take several months, depending on the degree of your flea infestation and the environmental temperature (which affects the flea life cycle).
You can expect to see a reduction more than 90% of your flea infestation during the first month but since adult fleas emerge from cocoons in your environment, it may be several months until the flea population is destroyed. A small numbers of adult fleas on your dog while you are destroying the flea population is not unusual. Only the elimination of the environmental flea population will completely resolve the fleas, but continuous use of Revolution will prevent a new flea infestation.
To order Revolution, simply click here, choose the correct product for your pet, and quantity. Revolution products are available here at the lowest prices online. That's guaranteed! FREE shipping is included on qualifying orders. Order before 4pm EST for same day shipping!